Ok, sorry for the late post, but I wasn’t there at the beginning of the week.
Basically, we completed everything. Yeah really. Just on time :-) Celltool was our target of choice for the morning and from the afternoon, we worked on HJ and Salami.
HJ was difficult to complete because of the bow. We have tried to find the same ambiance as recorded at Arras, that was clearly not easy.
Salami was easier than expected and Mehdi managed to find a solo in a reasonable amount of time. Anyway, we still have a few things to record, but that’s really bonus. We have the essential. Mission complete ! :D
What I can say is that was a really great experience. Very intense but I think we were all happy to live it, that was just fucking great. Also, we’re all happy with the result, which is just awesome.
To try to sum up this crazy week, here are a few numbers of what happened, in random order :
- 19+ Pizzas
- 37,2 Gb of music (!!)
- 1 dead hard drive
- Litters of shit soda
- Around 15 tracks per song
- Litters of coffee
- 7 days
- Around 100 hours of work (!!!)
- 1 BBQ
- A few beers
- 7 Songs
- 10+ Pasta boxes
- 50+ Cables
- 1 unusable bass
- 1 unusable amp
- 13 Microphones
- 9 Guests
Of course, we now have another BIG work to complete : the mix. People are used to say this formula : “One day of recording equals to two days of mix”. Considering that we spent about 15 hours a day, we therefore have around 30 hours of mix per song. So… we have 7 songs, 7*30, result : 210 hours of mix. *GGG*. So, you now understand why the album can’t be out in a few days. We really still have a lot of work.
I’ll try to update this blog as soon as we make some progress on the mix, so keep an eye on it ! :-)
PS: For the specialists, the Tubefire8 and Ardour worked very well and I’ll use them for sure during the next session !